In the news we were told that people were considering attacking Times Square and I was stunned. You know, Manhattan is a very small Island, most of us who live here avoid Times Square as much as possible but it really is just not possible. I couldn't understand, why Times Square? Why any place really? But, I decided to give anyone considering this my 5 reasons why Times Square should be left alone:
5. Most of the People in Times Square aren't even American! - It doesn't take much time walking through Times Square to start to feel like you might be in another country. Sometimes there are so many languages being spoken, they make a cacophony of alien Sounds. So, let these people get safely back to their country, they might even be from yours.
4. It's just billboards - Look Up! It's just billboards. Lots of paper, wood, and neon lights. What good will that do?
3. ....and fake Mickey Mouses - ...who are mostly foreigners. They aren't even working for any major corporation.
2. Broadway Theatres - a big majority of the buildings in Times Square are old historic Broadway houses. Who goes to Broadway shows? People like me. I also plan to work in one again, so just leave them alone please. If you want to take a tour of the Broadway Theatres, I give sightseeing tours with Broadway Up Close.
1. New Yorkers are open-minded - New Yorkers are some of the most open-minded and accepting people in the world. We appreciate diversity, even celebrate it! So please, leave our city alone!
Now it's your turn! What is your "favorite" thing about Times Square? Tell me in the comments section below!